(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Name that tool

Default Name that tool

Just had an embarrasing run-in with a professional plumber. Took him 5 minutes to unclog the drain I had worked at for 2 hours.
    He used a magical device I have seen before but never named...something like a high pressure plunger. It consists of an air tank he pumps and a spout end with a rubber stopper (with a hole in the middle for the blast of air to come out.)

I'm going to stop talking now since you all probably know exactly what I'm talking about already. What's it called?

Thank you!

Search the net for "compressed air plunger" and you will find a number of products. Your local hardware store will likely sell a version that uses pre-charged compressed air canisters. While these things do work, they also pose a risk of breaking weak joints in the plumbing system or just pushing the clog further down the line (which may or not be a problem depending on how long the clog has to travel before reaching the larger runs). But on the other hand, having an auger stuck in your drainage system isn't any fun either.
    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me? -Jack Handy

www.blackbirdkitchenandbath.com

Kinetic Water Ram.
    Found it....thanks!

I've borrowed one from a colleague called a "kinetic air ram". Pipes better be in good shape though.
    not a licensed plumber

http://www.waterram.com/

Other companies make versions of that tool.

Previous member

Ahhhh the old Kinetic Water Ram. Fastest way to make a gawd awful mess that I know of