Interference

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This question is not necessarily computer related, but electrons are involved:

Somehow, I have interference in my small condo that affects the low end of the AM radio dial, especially AM 600, which happens to be a station I like to listen to. I can't listen at all in the bedroom..too much white noise. In the living room, I can turn the radio a certain way, and listen sort of ok. Once I go to the car, it is fine. I have a fairly expensive CC radio, and still no go. Computer is in the liviing room...really nothing in the bedroom. I am almost wondering if the adjacent apartment has something....but what would cause this????

Cookie

Reaction score
The closer to the cause the (static), is going to be the strongest. If you can't listen it to at all in the bedroom it might be a series of things, from a clock, a tv, etc, you might want to ask your neighbor if they are having any problems or if you know them well enough Jim, ask if they have anything electrical in the bedroom above you. I wonder if they are using a ham radio or a sewing machine, etc. even a hair dryer can give yours short bursts of interuption. Come to think of it, I bet they got a computer above you in their bedroom.

Cookie

Reaction score
It might sound stupid to do, but walk around with it eliminating one thing at a time. I once had a fish tank and the heater caused interference.

Don't forget things like if you have an answering machine, etc. It is easy to think of these type of things not causing a problem.

Last edited:

Smith333

Reaction score
I've noticed that I get terrible AM reception when my plasma TV is on. The TV is on the first floor, and the radio in the basement. Total distance about 20 ft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks