Taco 006 BC4 Circulator pump running 24/7?

Users who are viewing this thread

scottall

Reaction score
Hi, the pump runs literally all the time and it has a bit of a rattling sound to it. Amd it is hot to the touch. And, the first shower of the day never gets truly hot. Is the pump failing? If I recall, the impeller was replaced once a long time ago. I would like to do it myself if that is what it needs. I understand the cartridge is easy to obtain and replace. If this is the correct path, can you guide me on stopping all water flow to the pump while I swap the cartridge and the O-ring? Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

scottall

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. One line runs straight into the boiler and the other straight down into the hot water tank, no valves on either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks