Re-Using a Rough-In Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

98ZJUSMC

Reaction score
I have the below two handle Rough-In Valve.

picture.php

It's 25 years old appears to be in really good shape. Of course, I am going to use new stems for the new tub/shower faucets. My question is: Should I replace it?

Thank you.

98ZJUSMC

Reaction score
Hmmm. I posted it as an image and I can see it. Don't know what is up.

Here it is again:

picture.php

I think it's a Kohler, installed when the house was built in 84. I was thinking I could just use new valve stems matched up with the new tub/shower faucet set (two handle). Do new faucet sets come with the valve stems? Sounds like they should, especially considering the price. I replaced one of the stems about ten years ago, it was tough to match up.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
images need to be by attachment, not a pasted in item....scroll down to the manage attachments part of the posting routine.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It makes no difference what comes with the tub set, if it is NOT the same make, and sometimes model, as the old one. The parts are neither generic or interchangeable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks