shower drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

Idoc4u

Reaction score
I am installing a Kohler, acrylic, 3 piece shower stall.

I have installed a 2" riser coming out of the slab floor. Would it be best to glue a PVC drain flange to the riser and then attach a brass drain assembly that has the fiber-type gasket attached to the tail piece and screw it into the floor of the shower receptor? I realize that it is also possible to install a rubber gasket around the 2" riser, but not sure if there is an advantage to either.

When installing the PVC flange and tail piece assembly, would it be wise to place a bead of 100% silicone caulk around the tail piece to prevent water from diverting around it's edge, or are the fiber-type gaskets designed to eliminate the need for putty or caulk?

Thank you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have absolutely no idea how you would make your idea work and be either watertight or attractive. Use the drain that came with the shower and seal it to the riser with the rubber gasket.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks