How does a water faucet work?

Users who are viewing this thread

iuytre

Reaction score
My goal is to become a plumber and I love water faucets, but have no idea how they work. Can someone please explain to m how they work, nothing technical, just the basic points on how it works. And please, don't hold back.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
go to www.wicki.com or just use google. There is more than one type. Some are ball valves, stems with washers and seats, gate valves, ceramic disk valves, and others.

There's all sorts of books in the library.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Two things. find some junk ones at local plumbing shops and take them apart and, most faucet companies have exploded drawings on the web for free.

loafer

Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
My goal is to become a plumber and I love water faucets, but have no idea how they work. Can someone please explain to m how they work, nothing technical, just the basic points on how it works. And please, don't hold back.

Sounds like a troll...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is so much more to plumbing, and becoming a plumber, that analyzing a faucet would be just the first week's work in a multiyear program. And even after you looked at all the faucets you could find, there would still be at least that same number that you had not seen, and which you would not be ready to work on or service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks