Water surface height

Users who are viewing this thread

Koji

Reaction score
When I purchase a toilet how can I determine the inches from the water surface height to the top of seat? I'm a male and when I'm sitting I need the extra inches to keep from getting wet...this is a serious question, not a joke.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you, like me, want more distance from the seat to the water spot, get an ADA elongated bowl. The elongated bowl will not provide more space down, but does provide more forward space. I like a fairly good sized water spot, and I found the Toto Dartmouth and the Toto Drake to provide this as well. I think other models of Toto will also meet the requirements, but these are the two that I have personal experience with. Besides those features, these toilets flush well and do not clog.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Water level is determined by the top bend of the trapway.
Sometimes you can see that from the side.
Just measure to the top of the bend, then subtract that from your bowl height.

briggs_1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks