(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Water surface height

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    DIY Junior Member Koji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Omaha, NE

    Question Water surface height

    When I purchase a toilet how can I determine the inches from the water surface height to the top of seat? I'm a male and when I'm sitting I need the extra inches to keep from getting wet...this is a serious question, not a joke.

  2. #2
    In the Trades Gary Swart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yakima WA


    If you, like me, want more distance from the seat to the water spot, get an ADA elongated bowl. The elongated bowl will not provide more space down, but does provide more forward space. I like a fairly good sized water spot, and I found the Toto Dartmouth and the Toto Drake to provide this as well. I think other models of Toto will also meet the requirements, but these are the two that I have personal experience with. Besides those features, these toilets flush well and do not clog.

  3. #3
    Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Blog Entries


    Water level is determined by the top bend of the trapway.
    Sometimes you can see that from the side.
    Just measure to the top of the bend, then subtract that from your bowl height.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts