Foot valve

Users who are viewing this thread

sola_fide

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an irrigation system that gets water from a lake. The intake 1.5 inch pvc pipe is about 60 feet long with a foot valve on it. The lake level fluctuates in the winter up to seven feet. I have a hose
bib near the middle of the intake line to let the water out of it, but it didn't get low enough to
access it this winter. The pipe froze and broke. Leaving the foot valve off would probably
keep the problem from happening next winter since it could drain, but it keeps sand out of the line which a screen might not. I was wondering if there was a foot valve that would drain itself (not act as a check valve) or some better low maintenance way to keep it from freezing other than removing the pipe every year? Thanks

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
connect the lake drop to the line with a 1 1/2" mission band so you can disconnect it and pull it out in the fall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks