Mirabelle Toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkyMark

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Mirabelle "Boca Raton" toilet. It has the retro look the little woman desires. Does anyone know anything good or bad about them. I heard that Kohler makes them under this name, but I'm not sure if that's true. Any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.mirabelleproducts.com/search/toilets

Attachments

• mirabelle_boca_raton.jpg
    mirabelle_boca_raton.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 11,196
Last edited by a moderator:

single_digit

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I was planning to buy the Toto Promenade online, but decided to look at some of the local showrooms. The Boca Raton is a nice looking toilet, but I also wonder about its functionality.

MarkyMark

Reaction score
Salesman gave me IAPMO test results

The salesman sent me IAPMO test results on the Boca Raton toilet made by Mirabelle. And it passed with 1000 grams performance rating. The min. requirement is 250 grams. So I guess this is good news. Does anyone have any thoughts? How important are these ratings?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One common test is the MAP scores, and the IAPMO may be similar...they are useful in comparison, but not true to real-world results. They don't take into account bowl wash, splashing, and actual turd disposal. The test is done with plastic wapped paste. The real stuff is quite different. On the MAP tests, the originator of the test said anything over 500g is fluff. But, the big thing is the manufacturer's have learned to to maximimize the test results, but they don't always equate to reality.

I don't think I've ever seen a Mirabelle toilet, so I can't say. I do own some Toto toilets, and they are head and shoulders better than what they replaced. one of the things to consider is if they use common, off-the-shelf parts in the tank. If not, it will likely be expensive and time-consuming to repair when the time comes. Toto uses easily attainable stuff except on their whiz-bang toilets like the Neorest (which is in the thousands of $$ range - heated, wash, blow-dry, opens/closes by itself, etc. toilet).

Gary Tjader

Reaction score
Mirabelle is the private label brand for Ferguson showrooms. It is made for them by others. I think Briggs, but that needs to be confirmed.

KatherineM

Reaction score
Mirabelle toilet

I recently purchased a Mirabelle Boca Raton toilet. It's very beautiful and for the most part works well. Unfortunately, there was an imperfection in it and it leaks and we have to get another one. I'm pretty sure this is a fluke, but in testing at the manufacturer, this imperfection should have been found. My husband and I had to take the toilet off, remove the wax, put it on a rug and newspaper, fill it with water, empty the water out and see where it was leaking on the bottom. It ends up that one of the areas that has a hard caulk type seal has a pin hole in it.

attachment.php

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I recently purchased a Mirabelle Boca Raton toilet. It's very beautiful and for the most part works well. Unfortunately, there was an imperfection in it and it leaks and we have to get another one.
I'm not real surprised.
I'm finding way too many defects these days.
I wish quality control was considered more important by the manufacturers.
It is a big waste of everyones time.

Some brands like American Standard have had too many returns for me,
Gerber is the second most returns for me.
One company that gives me little grief is Toto, less then 1% returns.

Last edited:

kenkizer

Reaction score
I dislike Mirabelle toilets!

I bought two (silly me, my contractor should have told me to try one before buying the second). First, it took the plumber 4 hours to figure out how to install it. He installed the first one, I used it once. The top four inches or so do not get flushed/cleaned and got dirty. I immediately thought of using this toilet for the next 20 years and returned the second one that was unboxed. Ferguson's charged me a $120 restocking fee. That was my first problem. Next, we're finding the Mirabelle we kept doesn't flush well. I know there are two buttons, but both seem to do the same amount of flushing and often times we need to press the button twice to get it to go down (if you know what I mean).
Question, is this normal for Mirabelle toilets? It does not appear to be a defect. For our second bathroom I just bought a normal American Standard toilet from Lowes. They don't charge a restocking fee. It doesn't require expertise to install. And it flushes wonderfully.
I will never use Ferguson's or Mirabelle for toilets again.

One-Piece Water Closet
Galatia MIRGA241
400 grams MaP

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
AS also is know to have some QA/QC issues, especially with those stocked at the big box stores. Rumor has it that to get the price, they take whatever makes it off the production line, and you, the consumer end up as the QA/QC agent. Since most come off okay, it isn't a big deal, but it certainly is if you're the recipient! Look at it very carefully, check that it sits flat and level, and there are no obvious defects before you try to install it. SOme here haver reported needed to look at 2-3 to find one, complete, good one. If you search this website, you'll see some that list considerable, are very warped, and other defects. Those that get a good one are generally happy until one of the wear parts needs replacing.

Whitney@Ferguson

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.ferguson.com
Mirabelle Clarification

Hi everyone, I work at Ferguson and I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring to offer some clarity regarding Mirabelle. Mirabelle is a bath and kitchen brand exclusive to Ferguson and our Bath, Kitchen and Lighting Gallery, and it is not a Kohler product. Mirabelle is modeled to exacting standards by makers of fine fixtures and accessories in the U.S. and around the world, and just one of the many brands carried in our showrooms.

Ferguson carries many different brand names because there are varying budgets and characteristics that influence shopping decisions for the home. For example, Kohler is one of the largest brands we carry, and offers a wide variety of styles and price ranges to fit any project. Ferguson offers several kitchen and bath brands from Kohler to Moen to Hansgrohe, and we work to find the best product, brand and aesthetic for your renovation or construction project. I hope this helps, but if you have more questions about Ferguson, Mirabelle, or any other lines we carry, feel free to reach out to me via email at whitney.porter@ferguson.com.

Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. - a Wolseley company
Nobody expects more from us than we do®
www.ferguson.com

GBMaryland

Reaction score
So,

I ran across this thread when speaking with the plumber doing the installation work for our home. He indicated that he's had several people have him PULL the Mirabelle toilets from their homes.

One person had 8 of these toilets and had them ALL pulled out after 4 of them developed issues within a few months. Another person had two and had problems with eact of them... and he even had 3 other customers with issues.

This makes me extremely nervous, as I'm thinking that returning the two uninstalled units I've got and putting something else in is probably a good idea / risk.

(I suprised about the 20% number given for American Standard above too...)

So what would be a good model cost effective higher end Kohler or other unit that would be a decent substitution?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Depends upon how high-end you want to go, because Toto has some spectacular high-end toilets (the Neorest series, with built in warm-water bidet).

However, take a look in the green box above for Terry's toilet reviews. The Soiree and Guinevere are among Toto's best gravity toilets, and there are some wonderful designs in the Ultramax II and others. Any Toto toilet is going to give you great quality (and quality-control), easily-located replacement parts, and exceptional flushing performance. You see it over and over and over in the unvarnished customer reviews. If you ask your plumber what he thinks of Toto, he's unlikely to have anything bad to say; many still assume that only people in the trades know about them.

Terry's prices in his list are a good approximation of what you should be able to buy the toilet for; you should never pay list price for a Toto.

And I should add that I personally own two Toto Drake toilets, which now sell near $200-ish, and they are fabulous: great flush, nice-looking, a really incredible value! I also own a Toto Carlyle II, which is fancier and a bit more expensive, but also just a great toilet.

Last edited:

CPA_CPA

Reaction score
I moved into a very expensive house that has the mirabelle toilets. The toilets are beautiful but they do not flush contents. The house is less than a year old. I had plumber look at toilet and he made the situation worse. I will be replacing the toilets. I would stay as far away from this manufacturer.

fozzy the ryan

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Mirabelle "Boca Raton" toilet. It has the retro look the little woman desires. Does anyone know anything good or bad about them. I heard that Kohler makes them under this name, but I'm not sure if that's true. Any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.mirabelleproducts.com/search/toilets
Ive been a plumber for 15 plus years, and the mirabelle toilets are easily some of the worst ive installed...from an installation stand point the tanks ALWAYS rock on the bowl, ive come to using plastic shims to avoid this ! (On a brand new, expensive toilet) we have recieved many with an unlevel base, among other issues

From a service standpoint their parts are not universal, and i dont know of any plumber who will carry them ! Long story short, if your toilet is running, you will be waiting awhile for parts to come in to be fixed !

Also, it is a ferguson only product, and they recieve better commision on mirabelle products ! I see this post is old so i woulnt go on...but remember folks, fixtures are like breakfast cereal, stick to a name you know

Tberryz

Reaction score
I wish I had stumbled across this before I bought a Mirabella toilet. It is barely a year old and has mold growing in the styrofoam lining. The company will only tell you to use Clorox bleach on it which I tried but still have mold. I am allergic to mold and it makes me sick so I need new toilet. Is Kohler a better bet?
image.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
So you had a foam lining for the tank? Normally that's a good thing. I guess you're looking for a non-insulated tank now.
Kohler should work for that. Though if you have mold now, you may get mold in the future too.

Flapper

Reaction score
I wish I had stumbled across this before I bought a Mirabella toilet. It is barely a year old and has mold growing in the styrofoam lining. The company will only tell you to use Clorox bleach on it which I tried but still have mold. I am allergic to mold and it makes me sick so I need new toilet. Is Kohler a better bet?
View attachment 35836
I don't think that is the fault of the manufacturer... other toilets will probably grow mold too. A pressure assist toilet doesn't have any exposed water in the tank (the water is sealed in a pressure tank) so they probably wouldn't have mold issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks