(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Mirabelle Toilets?

Hybrid View

Default Mirabelle Toilets?

I'm thinking of buying a Mirabelle "Boca Raton" toilet. It has the retro look the little woman desires. Does anyone know anything good or bad about them. I heard that Kohler makes them under this name, but I'm not sure if that's true. Any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.
    http://www.mirabelleproducts.com/search/toilets
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry; 11-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.

I was wondering the same thing. I was planning to buy the Toto Promenade online, but decided to look at some of the local showrooms. The Boca Raton is a nice looking toilet, but I also wonder about its functionality.

Default Salesman gave me IAPMO test results

The salesman sent me IAPMO test results on the Boca Raton toilet made by Mirabelle. And it passed with 1000 grams performance rating. The min. requirement is 250 grams. So I guess this is good news. Does anyone have any thoughts? How important are these ratings?

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

One common test is the MAP scores, and the IAPMO may be similar...they are useful in comparison, but not true to real-world results. They don't take into account bowl wash, splashing, and actual turd disposal. The test is done with plastic wapped paste. The real stuff is quite different. On the MAP tests, the originator of the test said anything over 500g is fluff. But, the big thing is the manufacturer's have learned to to maximimize the test results, but they don't always equate to reality.

I don't think I've ever seen a Mirabelle toilet, so I can't say. I do own some Toto toilets, and they are head and shoulders better than what they replaced. one of the things to consider is if they use common, off-the-shelf parts in the tank. If not, it will likely be expensive and time-consuming to repair when the time comes. Toto uses easily attainable stuff except on their whiz-bang toilets like the Neorest (which is in the thousands of $$ range - heated, wash, blow-dry, opens/closes by itself, etc. toilet).
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Mirabelle is the private label brand for Ferguson showrooms. It is made for them by others. I think Briggs, but that needs to be confirmed.

Default Mirabelle toilet

I recently purchased a Mirabelle Boca Raton toilet. It's very beautiful and for the most part works well. Unfortunately, there was an imperfection in it and it leaks and we have to get another one. I'm pretty sure this is a fluke, but in testing at the manufacturer, this imperfection should have been found. My husband and I had to take the toilet off, remove the wax, put it on a rug and newspaper, fill it with water, empty the water out and see where it was leaking on the bottom. It ends up that one of the areas that has a hard caulk type seal has a pin hole in it.

Last edited by Terry; 11-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.