Radon

Users who are viewing this thread

gregs1

Reaction score
I will be thinking the best way to locate plumbing to above the roof line. I have a bathroom
closet I can run a pipe up. I'm thinking I need to form branches in the basement with at least two
suction points. Currently my temporary fan is not sufficient to get below a level of 4.
With fan off the winter level can go up to 40 (estimated) Summer goes well below 4.
I only need to run the fan 1/2 the year. I installed a temporary fan last year
when I found the level going above 20. I plan on digging up concrete this
summer when I try to install a new bathroom, and I will probably scope
out the gravel and dirt below the concrete. That should be REAL fun.
The other thing, my 160 CFM fan is probably sucking 20 CFM, s I don't need 3 inch
piping. 1 1/2 should be plenty. I may also need to vent some of the cinderblock
walls.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I hope you are not taking a suction IN your basement. That can INCREASE your radon level, because it creates a low pressure area in the house. Radon fans must take their suction from below the slab.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Was there a question someplace in there, or were you just ruminating while sitting at the computer? YOUR situation will determine where to run the pipe, how many access points you need, what type of fan, if any, and all the other variables. None of which we can do much more than guess at without being at your house and making our own evaluation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks