(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toto bowl not refilling fully after flushing

Default Toto bowl not refilling fully after flushing

My Toto with GMax Flushing System is not refilling the bowl fully after each flush. Appears to otherwise work properly - no leaking, tank refills fully, flushing is adequate. Had to replace flapper valve because the original one had broken through at the chain attachment point but new flapper seems to work same as old one.

So question is: Is it possible to adjust the delay the amount of time before the flapper closes to allow more water to drain into the bowl? Could there be a problem with the fill valve? I don't really think so and it seems like this should be a simple problem but having trouble figuring it out. Have played with adjusting chain length and handle lever but can't figure it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

rc

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Make sure that the hose to the overflow tube is still pointed into the tube. Is this the original fill valve? Did you use a Toto approved flapper? Did you get the right type?

Last edited by Terry; 03-03-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The black tube refills the bowl.