Looking for a 2 inch bathtub drain assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Stubs01

Reaction score
Hopefully if others, like me, find this forum while trying to find a solution to a very real problem a lot of folks have (who own older homes and want to update their bathroom without replacing their tub) they will read past your pretentious bravado and know-it-all attitude to discover the link below that works perfectly. So yes, I do want you to say "if I EVER find someone who makes such an item, I will refer them to you." Instead of being a jackass and acting like it must not exist if YOU don't know about it or need it. The internet is a "wonderful" until people spew their ignorance all over the place instead of offering any real advice.

https://www.plumbtile.com/plumbing-tile-product/TBD-TBD3001BBK.html

My house was built in the 50's and I am remodeling the bathroom and wanted to leave the vintage tub in place. Unfortunately, I had to destroy the old 2 inch drain to remove it before having the tub resurfaced. I got worried when I learned all the standards have changed in the decades since and couldn't find a drain to fit... Thankfully someone else on this forum found a solution and I'm happy to report my new standard drain fits perfectly with this Kohler brass bushing adapter! Good luck to any others out there in the same situation.
How did you remove the old drain from the shoe? I have a 2" kohler tub drain and am looking to at least replace the drain plug, but I would prefer to replace the whole tub waste arm assembly if there is one that fits the larger opening of the tub, has anyone found a replacement?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
How did you remove the old drain from the shoe? I have a 2" kohler tub drain and am looking to at least replace the drain plug, but I would prefer to replace the whole tub waste arm assembly if there is one that fits the larger opening of the tub, has anyone found a replacement?
Did you read the thread? Post 15 and 16 seen to answer it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks