Kenetico 60 water discharge

Users who are viewing this thread

B Skipper

Reaction score
I have a 20 yr old model 60 that does not stop discharging water I have taken the head appart and cleaned it, but problem still persists any suggestions

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not knowing a lot of the Kinetico units, I would say that the valve that is to close when in service and not cleaning the other tank is worn and not seating right or that the piston that should be closing is not or it to is worn.
You might be able to find either a used control head that some one is selling or get the part from some Kinetico dealer..

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
With a phillips screwdiver, push down on the center piece of the clear plastic top and turn clockwise slowly. If the water stops, the valve is not advancing to the off position. If not, a drain seal is at fault.

B Skipper

Reaction score
Water does not stop, would the drain seal be one of the 4 bigger plungers or could it be a o ring on the pistons?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Might you be talking about a valve like this one?

Attachments

• kenitco valve..jpg
    kenitco valve..jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 467

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
This one has orange and 2 on the dial that is under the clear.
Yours?
PM if you would like.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks