Soiree on 14 in RI

Users who are viewing this thread

Maria

Reaction score
My friend the handyman came over to install my new Eljer Titan toilet and we discovered that my bathroom has a 14 in rough in. I have been doing several hours of research, and am coming to the conclusion that the Soiree might be the right choice to replace my lovely original 1960 yellow toilet. The supply line appears to be exactly 5 1/2 in from the center line of the toilet, so with the unifit, it should work. I have a couple of questions: Is it very difficult to install the Unifit and the Soiree for a guy with some basic to intermediate plumbing knowledge? Are there any reports of clogging with the Unifit? Just by looking at the diagram, the extra curves seem like a potential problem. Anyone with an opinion, please help! :D

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There aren't any 'extra' curves in the Unifit! The curves are what make the required trap and are either cast internally in the toilet, or in the case of the Totos with a Unifit, in the adapter iteself. ANd, they are likely smoother than those cast in porcelain. It won't be a problem. The only issue with installing one is you have to drill four holes in the floor to anchor the rear end (which is where the toilet actually attaches. The front of the thing installs like a toilet onto the flange. It comes with a template to locate the new holes. If you have a tiled floor, you may need a diamond core bit or a tile spade bit to drill the holes. That is the only 'extra' thing.

Maria

Reaction score
Ohh, If I understand you correctly, a regular toilet has these curves already, but a Toto has them in the Unifit regardless if it is a 12 in RI or a 14 in RI? Looking at it I thought it was basically an offset adapter. Thanks for the enlightenment! That definitely makes me feel better!

fred54

Reaction score
I installed an Eco Soiree two weeks ago, and I am someone with basic but not intermediate plumbing knowledge. Installation for me turned out to be extremely easy, especially after having visited this web site and learned little tidbits like to use a simple wax ring without the plastic funnel.

The installation instructions that Toto provides are decent, but a few things are worth noting:

- A piece of paper included with the instructions will have you convinced that they supplied you with the wrong length t-bolts. But the Soiree is supposed to have the shorter t-bolts.

- The instructions suggest you use an 11/64 drill bit, but that looked way too large for me. I went with a 9/64, and it worked just fine.

By the way, so far the Eco Soiree has been a great toilet.

Maria

Reaction score
Great!! Sounding better and better! Thanks so much for the advice, I will make sure to pass it on to my friend. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks