(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Water Softener with RO and Ph (acid) Neutralizer Install Help

Quote Originally Posted by Bob999 View Post
    Oh Gary, if only you were able to read the English language I wouldn't have to keep answering your posts. Did you speak Farci at home when you were growing up?

So Gary, the noun "people" is plural. That means that it refers to 2 or more individuals in case you don't know what plural means. And a noun is a part of speech that is used to name a person, place, thing, quality, or action.

Gary--you said that "he tells people to use ..." but you were only able to show that I suggested the use of 1/2 cup of Iron Out in one instance. QED
    Actually Dad used to talk Pennsylvania Dutch and a bit of German sometimes. I have been into Spanish and Dutch a bit many years ago but Dutch didn't work out much.

Yes I know plural, that's like more than one right? And since the OP, the other guy that tagged into the thread and at least me read the dumb statements you made, that makes plural I think.

Plus... you posted that incorrect information in a thread on a forum that will have many people reading it for years and screwing up their softeners at great expense to them Bob.

A 1/2 cup of Iron Out with each bag of salt!!! LOL

You should go back and correct that bad advice Bob.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Gary, can we just agree to disagree?

I will make my recommendation a bit more specific and perhaps that will alleviate some of your concerns--add 1/2 cup of Iron Out per 80 lb bag of salt. That should deal with the ambiguity because salt is packaged in different weight bags in different markets.
    Last edited by Bob999; 03-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
    I am still looking for the .03ppm Fe....
    That is because you don't know where the thread is and this forum won't allow the link. Below is the water test data the OP there posted and Bob replied to.

One thing that has worked for over 20 years is putting in some Iron out between the bags of extra course.. how much? that depends on the amount of Iron in the water and the size of the unit.. Have I messured the amount? no..(.. more like sugar toast if you know what that is... ) any where from a lite coat to a more heavy coat...
    I mixed some in a couple gallons of water but when I tell a customer to do it, I state a specific dry measure cup volume based on their size of softener and how much iron in their water and how much water they use on like a weekly basis, and I also tell them how frequently to do it. I also tell them to use warm water if possible. That works much better and they use much less than sprinkling some in some in amongst the salt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    That is because you don't know where the thread is and this forum won't allow the link. Below is the water test data the OP there posted and Bob replied to.

I am wondering if perhaps the thread, or at least portions of it have been deleted from this board and the "quotes" that have been posted no longer exist on this board.

Gary--Are you quoting from posts currently on this board or have you saved posts that have been deleted?

Gary, can we just agree to disagree?

I stand by my advice. I note you have not posted what you believe to be better or more correct information so I find it hard to believe you are really very serious about all this.

And I am not surprised about your background--there are a lot of what are locally know as "hard headed" Pennsylvania Dutch in Pennsylvania. You see to fit the stereotype.
    LOL yer so easy Bob... but no, no agreement here until you own up. Especially when you know I'm right and you call me hardheaded while refusing to take responsibility for your screw up.

So I have decided that I am not going to teach you more than to say you should read my latest reply to AKpsdvan, read his thoughts on this subject too.

So to you, since my Dad spoke some PA Dutch, my heritage has to be PA Dutch and I'm hard headed too. That demonstrates that in addition to you giving bad advice, you also have a lack of common sense or ability to think logically, and as you get caught in one, you are more than prone to jumping to other incorrect conclusions.

I am wondering if perhaps the thread, or at least portions of it have been deleted from this board and the "quotes" that have been posted no longer exist on this board.

Gary--Are you quoting from posts currently on this board or have you saved posts that have been deleted?
    The thread is on another forum, not here on Terry's forums, and this forum won't allow the link to the other forum, but what difference does that make when I quoted what you said Bob? You aren't thinking I would lie about our Bob are you?
    Last edited by Gary Slusser; 03-06-2010 at 05:02 PM.

So we have been talking about some thing that is not even in this thread nor on this forum?

Like taking a test and half of the information that we are to know was in the teachers mind ....

So 20 years of field work and learning of what works and what does not work is worth nothing ? is that it? I am to drop all that information and learning and go with either you or the books that you have gotten your information from?

There is one other person that I know that feels that they are always right and no one else is even close to having it right........ and guess what , he and I have not talked for 8 years this last time around, and he lives in the same town....... that person is my father....

I have no room for some one that has an ego that is so large that it is them and no one else has any idea that could work. Do I have all the answers? far from it... each day is new and new ideas and new tricks on how to get to a goal.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is this about being Dutch?

Did they have a team in the Olympics?
    And does the Dutch have a team here on the softener forum?

What does it mean if you are Dutch?
    My family is from Europe, and it seems all over, so how do I know if I"m part Dutch, and should I be happy or sad once I find out.

Does this mean I will have more complaints that this web site doesn't measure up to other web sites?
    Is it because someone here is Dutch?
    If they turn out to be Dutch, is there some place you send them, to you know, change them?

Would a Dutch person live in a motor home with wheels, or do they prefer the ones with the wheels removed?

Is being Dutch bad?
    Can I use it as an insult if I run out of good words to use?
    Last edited by Terry; 03-06-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Previous member

I'm just grateful that there be no doubt as to me heritage mates

So we have been talking about some thing that is not even in this thread nor on this forum?

Like taking a test and half of the information that we are to know was in the teachers mind ....

So 20 years of field work and learning of what works and what does not work is worth nothing ? is that it? I am to drop all that information and learning and go with either you or the books that you have gotten your information from?

There is one other person that I know that feels that they are always right and no one else is even close to having it right........ and guess what , he and I have not talked for 8 years this last time around, and he lives in the same town....... that person is my father....

I have no room for some one that has an ego that is so large that it is them and no one else has any idea that could work. Do I have all the answers? far from it... each day is new and new ideas and new tricks on how to get to a goal.
    Man no wonder why you're having problems getting along with others. I'm not following you as to why you're so upset with me, I hope adult beverages aren't involved.

May I suggest that tomorrow you go visit and talk to your Dad and apology for being disrespectful and as our Bob would say, hard headed?.Just go listen, nod affirmative occasionally and say you agree, even if you don't. Smile too. You'll feel better later if you do that like once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    Man no wonder why you're having problems getting along with others. I'm not following you as to why you're so upset with me, I hope adult beverages aren't involved.

May I suggest that tomorrow you go visit and talk to your Dad and apology for being disrespectful and as our Bob would say, hard headed?.Just go listen, nod affirmative occasionally and say you agree, even if you don't. Smile too. You'll feel better later if you do that like once a week.
    When did Dr. Phill join this forum? I thought this was about water treatment.

Previous member

Oooh Oooh, can I be Oprah?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    What is this about being Dutch? ....

Is being Dutch bad?
    Can I use it as an insult if I run out of good words to use?
    In my part of the country the Pennsylvania Dutch are generally generally known as "salt of the earth" kind of folks--hard working, honest, etc. They are also generally known as "hard headed"--stubborn and unyielding. Of course these are generalizations and every individual is different.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey guys,
    Can you please delete and or modify your posts that don't add to this discussion?

When I go through these things, I tend to be heavy on the delete key.

I'm in a lot of pain today, and it's way too hard for me to focus.

Delete didn't work or I couldn't figure out how to do the Delete Post thing so I edited instead.

I hope you get to feeling better.