Grohe shower control cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

ratanshah

Reaction score
I am about to replace my shower cartridge part 47111000 any hints or suggestions from forum members? ( the reason for replacement is age {20+years} and extreme effort needed for turning the thermostatic valve ).

grohe-47111000.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'll have to recalibrate. Make sure you have the instructions. You'll need an accurate thermometer, preferably a fast reading one, or the lag will cause the whole procedure take a lot longer. Other than that, if it's not too gunked up, it's fairly straighforward. It should come with some plumber's grease on it...if it is dry, add some before installation. It'll make insertion and eventual removal a lot easier, and it will last and operate smoother longer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks