Bathroom Exhaust Fan

Users who are viewing this thread

catk9

Reaction score
When venting a bathroom exhaust fan through the roof, how far does it need to be from the intake of an evaporative cooler.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would divert it away. It wouldn't be on that much in a percentage of the time the cooler was running, and the relative volume of air from it is small in comparison to what the cooler draws in.

catk9

Reaction score
Thanks Jadnashua for your quick response. That all makes sense. Would you or anyone else know how far a bathroom waste vent needs to be away from the cooler intake?

gregs1

Reaction score
The cooler will suck in a lot of air, so I would go 10 foot away, but whats 100 CFM compared to
a couple thousand !! 1/20 th. Don't worry about it.

I have installed a bathroom fan with attic fan remote for the lowest noise. I have been rethinking
that it would be all better if I did not vent the fan outdoors, but into the furnace room. Why waste heat and humidity in the winter.
The summer would not be a problem with air conditioning. That would require a pipe to downstairs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks