round vs. elongated

Users who are viewing this thread

Seattle_helo

Reaction score
Terry, I swear I've read comments from you in the past where you have stated your disdain for round toilets vs. elongated. Is it simply because bigger is better or do the elongated have better flush performance?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Round may work for females, but elongated are much nicer for male users.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would be interesting if Terry could provide some data on how many round bowls and how many elongated bowls he sells. My guess is the percentage would be very lopsided in favor of the elongated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Builders and apartment owners put in a lot of round toilets, becaust they are quite a bit less costly. Some of the lower end hotels and motels will opt for that as well, unless the flag standard prohibits it. I find an elongated very noticeably more comfortable, so would never chose a round one for my home.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't thought about the builders and low end motels. I sure agree with not ever going back to a round bowl or standard height for myself. I don't think the flushing ability has any thing to do with the preference except that ADA height do provide a little more power to the flush because of their height, but I don't think it's because of the shape of the bowl.

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Terry, I swear I've read comments from you in the past where you have stated your disdain for round toilets vs. elongated. Is it simply because bigger is better or do the elongated have better flush performance?
Terry is only bragging

Seattle_helo

Reaction score
Elongated it is!

afro.gif

torontoplumbingguy

Reaction score
I can't explain it, but as a guy a round bowl gives me a feeling of confidence and machismo. Having said that, I am off to buy an elongated bowl at the wife's instructions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks