Mansfield Toilet Question.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Marc46

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me where the water level mark is on what I believe is a 160 tank?
I replaced my mothers flush tower seals again the other day, and had to adjust the level on one, as it was filling too high and running back down the top of the flush tube before shutting off.

I looked all around in the tank when it was drained and could see nothing. Her tanks are very clean BTW,......almost like new.
Wondering if they go by one of the rings on the flush tower, or a measurement from the top of the tank.

I would like to set them to the proper level if I could find it!:cool:
Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some don't have a water line. In that case, about 1" below the lip on the overflow tube is usually about right. Many (not all) toilets use a timed flapper, either by a weight, calibrated holes, or some other means to close them at the desired time as most modern toilets do not normally empty the tank as those of old.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not a pro - but my house came with 3 of these bad boys. If you have the original ballcock and float ball, the float may have taken on some water or the adjustment screw on the ballcock has gone out of whack. Some people just bend the rod a bit to lower the float ball and make it shut off sooner. A better fix is to replace the ballcock with a Fluidmaster 400A fill valve (less than $10 at HD, Lowes or ACE). It's an easy switch and the water level adjustment is very simple. I also got tired of replacing the seal on the flush tower, and replaced it with the Fluidmaster flapper-type flush valve. It's not too difficult for a diy'er, but you do have to remove the tank to make the change. The Mansfields were basically maintenance-free after making these changes, but they still clog a lot.....

Marc46

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks guys,.....I did use the second line down on the flush tower, and all is well.
Just wanted to be sure.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The tank has a marking at the back that says "Waterline"

IMG00043..jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks