No soft water after filter change on a Kinetico

Users who are viewing this thread

Tony Foran

Reaction score
I swapped out the pre filter and now I'm only getting water if the softener is by-passed. Do I have air in the system? What I'm I missing?

Thanks for any help,Tony

Tony Foran

Reaction score
There is a plastic rocker inside the valve that, if broken, will not allow water thru the unit. I have a picture of it but don't know how to post it.

It worked fine before the filter change but now I only have water on by-pass. I could have damaged the valve somehow?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
What kind of bypass for the kinetico?

Did you bleed the air out of the pre filter after the filter change?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There is a plastic rocker inside the valve that, if broken, will not allow water thru the unit. I have a picture of it but don't know how to post it.

Skippy, you have to go advanced so you have all the posting options. There is a thing looks like a paper clip, that's for attaching photo's.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score

Is that plastic part that easy to break?

Is it one of them that if you look at it wrong it breaks?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If this was in Alaska I would be saying

Strange things happen in the land of the midnight sun.

Why a ball valve is not used before and after a pre-filter is still a strange thing to me.

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Yes the plastic rocker can break at anytime. When broken, it causes both pistons to close shutting off the water supply. The rocker is the ones in the upper right side of the pic (small piece). Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• KineticoBroken..jpg
    KineticoBroken..jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 500

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brake at ANY time?
Och....
Is it a fail safe idea?
Why would some thing that could cause that much trouble still be in use?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks