(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fleck 2510 Salt Dose

That's interesting about the length of the tank. I will have to measure it with a tape measure at home and see if I'm right. I just checked the PO when I bought it for the tank size. I'd *assume* that it's a 'standard' size, but I'll have to double check.

I'll also have to run some 'iron-out' through it. I've been reading more on here, and it sounds like it's something that won't hurt.

Last question. If the filter is catching iron, and if it's all orangish/reddish when I take it out, is that adding to the iron content even more, instead of having it just 'pass through'? So, after time, if there's iron being collected to the filter, am I just dosing the water with more iron if I don't replace it?

Thanks

Not really sure what you are trying to say but... a fiber type filter is not designed to remove iron though it will certainly trap some of it which is what turns the element orange. Over time the iron will eventually plug the filter up and you will have to replace it and it will begin to effect the flow through the softener. Unless there is some specific thing that this filter is filtering such as sediment I would take the element out and leave it out.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Got it. Thanks again for the information!!!