How to increase water pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

querido

Reaction score
Hi. I just bought an old house that is on a well. Coming from the city, I don't have any experience with wells.
I would like to increase the water pressure in the house. The pressure appears especially low in the shower.

In the basement I have a pressure tank that is labeled Johnsons Controls F938B-1 it says max pressure 100 psi. The Gage says the current pressure is about 55 psi.

I am wondering if it is a matter of simple turning a dial and presto, you get more pressure in your house?

If so, I am not certain to to do it. There is a dial, but the measurement is in degrees, not psi. and the degrees number that is set on the dial is not the same psi number on the Gage.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks