Smelly water and black stuff comes through the faucet every couple of months

Users who are viewing this thread

beechumley

Reaction score
Good Day,
Long time reader first time poster. In my masterbath I have his and her sinks and I get a slight oder from the water and every once in awhile I will get a black slime. The oder is not strong and goes away after running the water for few seconds. A few years ago I installed a filter on one sink and that seems to be the worst offender for smell and slime today. I clean the areators every couple of weeks and the faucets are Moen. Anybody have any ideas what this black slime is? Oh yeah I am on city water.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That black slime is usually an indicator of bacterial iron. The filter you have under the sink is a great place for it to grow. The only way to eliminate it is with some sort of chlorine injector.

beechumley

Reaction score
Peter,
Thanks for the reply. Could I just put some chlorine in my water lines and flush it out because those injector things looked pretty expensive.

olivia751

Reaction score
Hello beechumley,

You can use some chlorine in the water. But after few months its come back again. This is very necessary that you clean the sink mostly every three or four week.

Regards,
Olivia

Sewer Line Cleaning

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks