DIY Well Shallow Well Gas Auger???

Users who are viewing this thread

loudhornsrule

Reaction score
Years ago a friend of mine had a shallow well (15-20' static water level)drilled by a guy W/ a gas powered honda auger. I didnt see him do it, but to this day the well still works for watering just fine. Anyone ever seen this done? How Hard is it? I got a gas auger and alot of ambition. What do you guys think?Leave it to the pros or try it?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Big commercial augers like the phone company uses to set poles will drill that deep, but a hand auger you will need a back hoe to get you down as deep as it can first.

loudhornsrule

Reaction score
One more thing. There are shallow wells around me, but how do I decide where to dig? Dowse witching? Does it work?Or should I just dig and hope for the best?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
You can wash a well down to as much as 100 feet with nothing but a contractors pump and some metal pipe and a well drilling bit. It's not that hard. If your neighbors have 20' wells the shallow water is probably everywhere. A hand auger isn't necessary. Look online for explainations on drilling or washing down a shallow well.

Porky Cutter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks