Identifying American Standard color???

Users who are viewing this thread

desmo907

Reaction score
I have 3 toilets ~20 years old (house I recently got). They are American Standard and say 4083 S87 inside the tank.
I am trying to replace the seats all of which say Church on them and they match the toilet color perfectly. They are an off-white, almost light beige. When I brought one to Lowes the replacement AS seat in bone (only one they had) was too dark

When I also look up the model 4083 online some sites (for other parts) say there are 2 versions (024 and 031) yet there is nothing like that on mine (as far as I can see).

I been surfing around but cannot find out how I may ID the toilet color from maybe some code on it somewhere.

Thoughts?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If Bone is too dark, it may be Linen
Biscuit is similar to Linen.

American Standard had Bone
Kohler had Almond

What I do with old American Standard toilets.

Last edited:

desmo907

Reaction score
Thanks.
I just realized that the sinks seems to match (they are AS as well).
I looked under and saw 475/6 (model I assume) stamped in it and printed on it sys "bone".
Yet the bone color at the Lowes (AS replacement lid) seemed a bit dark when I compared to my seat.
Church lists brand colors as well but I guess I have to use my best judgement.
http://www.churchseats.com/catalog/index.php?cat=colorref

Kk7218

Reaction score
I have 3 toilets ~20 years old (house I recently got). They are American Standard and say 4083 S87 inside the tank.
I am trying to replace the seats all of which say Church on them and they match the toilet color perfectly. They are an off-white, almost light beige. When I brought one to Lowes the replacement AS seat in bone (only one they had) was too dark

When I also look up the model 4083 online some sites (for other parts) say there are 2 versions (024 and 031) yet there is nothing like that on mine (as far as I can see).

I been surfing around but cannot find out how I may ID the toilet color from maybe some code on it somewhere.

Thoughts?

It seems AS back then used the color “almond” which is close but you are correct not identical to today’s bone. We are replacing our 4083 AS because tank cracked, if you have a need for any of the parts let me know

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks