Female Friendly Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Hayes

Reaction score
Female Friendly Toilets.

I need some input from women. I am a retired male teacher and consider myself fairly well informed on the choice of replacement toilets thanks to this and other excellent forums. But there is an issue I missed completely: Some of the toilets apparently deflect a few drops of water/urine back on some women as they pee. I know only three women well enough to ask them about this (my wife and two friends). They all said they have experienced this annoying back-spray with some toilets but do not recall which ones. It must have something to do with the shape of the bowl, perhaps the height of the toilet, toilet seat, the build of the woman, the strength of the flow.

Any experiences? Please indicate the toilet make and model, if possible. The reason I am posting this is that we had a new toilet installed (a new water saver model) and the tenant (who never complains - a very nice lady) doesn't like to use it because of the splash-back problem. We will be replacing more toilets in the future and we want to make our renters happy. The toilets in our house are all old models and do not seem to produce this effect. Thank you.

Last edited:

mikech

Reaction score
Toto Drake

I have a Toto drake and have to replace it because of this problem. It does not have a smooth bowl but has a lip at the water line that is perfectly designed to cause back-splash. This only happens to healthy young women with a strong stream.

Hayes

Reaction score
Dear Mikech,
You have provided useful information. I did not want to bias the discussion by initially stating the brand and model of toilet that the woman tenant did not like because of splash-back. It was indeed a Toto Drake. The model was the higher one (ADA) which is supposed to help older folks. It was also an elongated bowl. This experience is unfortunate because the Toto Drake has such high ratings. As you also stated, different women have different experiences. I wonder which model to install next time I need a new toilet. Do you think another choice of bowl for the Toto Drake might be better? What do you think of the American Standard Cadet 3 for splash back? I know the rating is not quite as high. The Cadet 3 is very similar to the Toto Drake. I have installed one in another rental. So far the woman in the rental is satisfied, which of course does not prove anything statistically. Thank you and good luck. Hayes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks