Cable V

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I get Comcast on demand, last Wednesday, comcast was doing something on my poloe, then did something on the outside of my house. After that I did not get "on demand" programing. I called them out and after 4-5 days they sent someone out.

He looked at the pole and said they put a "bullit" on the line at the pole.

Supposily, my house was one of the houses on the street that was "leaking" and causing backfed disturbance. So, they put this bullit in line to prevent it., which also blocked my "on-demand".

So, he started checking my lines in my house. The first line he checked..he said was "junk", he had to replace it. So, he did..then he went to the next line, yes that was junk too, then the third and then the forth. Then he got to the line that I just replaced with a brand new RG-6 line, two weeks before. He said that was junk also. I said could that come out that way if it was hooked to an old tv, he said yes, so I disconnected the TV, and still on his monitor, it was junk.

That's when I told him to stop, and I would replace all my lines on my own. He was going to replace all the lines thru out my house, because he said they were all "junk", according to his monitor.

I stopped believing him when he said my brand new one was "junk".

He was going to replace it with the same type cable.

My question is if I start to replace all there cables, is there some way of me checking them on my own to see if they are "really" junk

Oh yeah, he also replaced the wire from the pole to the house cause that was "junk" and the cable going into my house cause that had "water" in it.

I really need someone with good Cable TV experience.

Thanks

Barry

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You sure do, but I do not think the guy you had there was one of them. We do not know what kind of wires you had that he called "junk" or how he was testing them so we cannot tell you whether it is true or not, but I am suspicious of anyone who says EVERYTHING he touches is "no good".

Barry J

Reaction score
I ran the cable with RG 6 that I got from Lowes, He was using a monitor from Comcast

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are vast differences in quality of RG-6 cable.....you should be using quad shield, etc. etc. Buying it at lowes may not be a good idea. But in addition, the connectors are critical. A professional crimping set would probably cost you $100. If you got a $9.95 special from Lowes, that may also be an issue.

Nonetheless, I do agree with others that I would be suspicious of someone who just blanket condemns everything!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks