SaniFlow Product

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryD

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge of SaniFlow products? It is a combination commode and grinder/pump to be used in basements to avoid breaking up the concrete floor. I'm interested in user satisfaction, problems (if any), and comparisons to using a grinder/pump that is buried in the basement floor. One drawback to the SaniFlow is the tub/shower has to be elevated 6" to allow gravity flow into the pump tank.
Any thought would be appreciated.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Most of the ones I have had to deal with come with odors, whether it was installed or not properly who knows. :confused: I do know that from resale value that they do not give you top dollar, they almost go against the grain since the raised floor gives indication to shortcuts from doing it right. Anytime a mechanical system is used in place of gravity type system when gravity is readily available it proves not only costly, but heavily dependent on electricity to operate. You might want to consider the cost options and down the road perspective to see if they level out to be the same. I've also had those flat tanks pile up with everything you don't want to know about where the pump doesn't/can't move out of the tank. I know this only by when the pump fails and it is no pretty site. :eek: I speak only of a service repair issues so even though I don't shed the good light on the product, they fall under the same category of sewage ejector pits, the only difference is that you are cutting up the concrete floor and installing a basin. Same kind of pump, same configuration tieing into the drainage system. Some people don't have a choice if their plumbing system is high wall in a home.

Last edited:

Macska

Reaction score
My grandmother in Europe has one (in a small apartment) and is very pleased with it. Because of her small apartment and the existing plumbing, she didn't really have any other options. I can only report on her experience. Personally, if I had another option, I would avoid them given the reasons listed by Rugged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks