Tankless Gas Water Heater Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomel

Reaction score
Just moved into a Condo which has a gas tankless hot water heater (my first tankless water heater). The Condo's Rules & Regs require residents to turn off the main water line to their Condo when the leave on an extended trip. Do I need to do anything regarding the tankless heater if the water supply is shut off? I don't see where it has an on/off switch and there is no breaker in the electrical panel that's dedicated to the tankless heater. In case it's relevant, the tankless heater is a Takagi T-K3.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
no. One of the great things about the major tankless brands (and Takagi is one of them) No Flow = No fire. It can not, will not try to light at all. It just sits there waiting for flow. In fact, you want to the power on to them at all times so the PC board can monitor things and even activate freeze protectoin if needed. No power to unit = no protection.
Hope that helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks