$250 max. budget for new toilet, which one to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

thewipf

Reaction score
I have a max budget of $250 dollars for a new toilet. I was thinking about the Cadet 3 but after reading posts here I'm not sure. I like the modern look and styling of many of the Toto toilets, but they seem out of my price range. What do you suggest?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, but you can peruse the many posts that cuss and discuss them. If you live in Spokane, you can get a Toto from Terry as he has a will-call arrangement there. Toto is really the only brand worth considering at any price, but for low cost models this is especially true. Box Store have lots of really cheap toilets, but none of them are worth the gas to haul them home. All of the old famous name brands have been sold to foreign companies and their once great quality has vanished.

thewipf

Reaction score
I went to four different plumbing supply stores here in Portland, (no big boxes). They all recommended the A.S. Cadet 3, and the Drake. There were some others that they showed me too, but those were the main two. Two of the places I went to had the Drake in stock but not the Cadet 3. They still recommended special ordering the Cadet 3 over the Drake. I know this forum tends to be a Toto love fest, but I went with the A.S.. I have an existing Toto Aquia II in my other bathroom right now that works well but I hate having to brush it every other time it's used. I purchased from a local plumbing supply house that does the majority of their business with just plumbers and contractors. The bowl, tank, and soft close Church seat came to $217. The install went great. I will let you know how it works out.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh Boy...
You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink it...:D

Do yourself a favor and replace that flapper with a Korky flapper for the cadet 3 before you get a water bill telling you that you should have...

There is a good reason for that Toto Love Fest...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell al lot more of the Toto Drake toilets in that price range then the Cadets.
I have a few customers that tried the Cadet, and then went back to the Drake.
Quality control is much better on the Toto.
I get way too many returns on A/S products.

If you time isn't worth much, then no big deal.
It's hard to justify sending plumbers out to do things twice though.
I would have to raise my rates to cover the losses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks