Replacement Delta 600 Series Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

kissmine

Reaction score
While trying to repair a shower head leak, I messed up the valve stems when I tried to remove the cam so now I need to locate a replacment receiptacle that sits between the screwdriver stop assembly. Not sure the offiical name or what it is called but it is circular and is where the stainless steel ball assembly, seats, and springs sit in .

Any ideas where I can locate one?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The Delta 600 hasn't been made in years, probably 10 or more. You will need to use a R10000 rough in valve , and T13...trim.

kissmine

Reaction score
Yeah I knew they been out of production for several years.

I was hoping someone here knew of someone having this valve type so I could quickly replace instead of tearing up the shower wall and doing tile work.

I read in earlier posts that Master Plumber Mark may some in his collection.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Seems you will need access to solder in a new valve in any case. Most likely the old one is soldered in.

kissmine

Reaction score
Indeed as is the circular part that holds the Steel ball assembly; My plan was to simply solder in that part instead of the entire valve assembly,

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is one guy I know of on the forums who claims to be able to do that. I believe not 1 plumber in a hundred would attempt it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, I didn't want to name names, but I know you have done this. Would you agree that the task is beyond the skill, or beyond the patience level, of many plumbers? I just can't imagine trying this, or relying on the finished product. That's just me.

Plumbermurrieta

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.plumbermurrieta.info
The pipes are sweated into the base of the unit. What you need to do is get all the plastic off of it, and heat the base up with a torch. You should be able to pull them out with a pair of pliers. Once you have them out just clean up the remaining ends, and flux them good. Reinsert them under heat, and then apply more solder.

They will be a little shorter, but that only requires longer flex hoses, and not a new unit. If they are too short to put back in as is then you will need to remove the threaded ends also and solder in a new piece of copper tubing. This is available at most hardware stores, and hobby shops that sell R/C airplanes.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Usually when I see one of these sheared off there is none of the tube that could be reused...
And I wouldn't consider using the thin wall brass or copper tube from an hobby shop...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT is definitely beyond the abilities of the average plumber, which is why they call me when they do it, or their customer did it before they got there. Once they are twisted off it is IMPOSSIBLE to reuse the tubes and they have to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks