1'' polypipe as the drop pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Luc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just want to know if it is good practice to use 1'' polypipe as the drop pipe in wells with 3 HP or 5 HP submersible pumps.

Thanks,
Luc

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Schedule 80 pvc with the SS couplers should hang 5hp dependant on depth. I would email the pipes MFG and not take the point here. I have 3HP on 200psi poly @200 feet, but you must use long,drawn brass fittings with three to 4 real clamps with a sae torque rating. You would have to also heat to insert the pipe on the fittings using the MFGR's instructions, not the local barefoot plumbers torch method. I woulod also reheat the pipe the next day and retorgue the clamps before setting. If using a 5 hp pump a slow start would solve all torque issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks