replacing pump

Users who are viewing this thread

smsimpson

Reaction score
should well pumps come with warranties? Mine is less than 4 years old. Submersible, 2 HP 230 volt, 10 GPM. i'm being quoted a price of $1,480.00 for the pump alone, plus $300.00 per hour labor for 5+ hours. Is this reasonable?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
That is very much too much money. Wash in a bucket for awhile and get 3 or 4 more quotes. Why do you need a 2 HP pump?
Operating a hotel?

Too late for the warranty, but something is wrong in your system for it to fail after 4 years. Tell us more details of use and setup..

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
$1780.oo is not that bad of a price. Your also paying for the years of hard labor(experience) put in by the well guy.
Not knowing how deep, or the location of the well, or the amount of labor it may take to get to your well,or what brand, that price may be very cheap.
There are some cheap pumps and there are good quality pumps, witch do cost more. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason.
Most pumps come with a 1 year warranty.

Travis

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I read $1,500 labor..... not $300 which would be fair. 300$ per HOUR - hello! bringing his lawyer to watch the job?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Oh! I see that now. That's what I get for speed reading.
Yea, that may be a little on the pricey side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks