New GFCI installation not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Artie

Reaction score
I just installed two new GFCI's in our kitchen. Neither works. I can measure 120VAC right on the terminals, and black and white are on the correct terminals. Also, I definitely used the "Line" terminals. The "load" terminals are masked off with yellow tape which I didn't remove. They're just completely dead. These are the kind with the little light on the front. It doesn't light either.

I could understand if just one was bad out of the box, but both! Any ideas of something else I might be doing wrong?

Artie

Reaction score
Nevermind. My wife just fixed it. (I hate when that happens.) In my defense, I'll say that the only GFCI's I've ever seen before were in hotel rooms. On those units, the "reset" button was always popped out if tripped. On these, the button remains in the same physical position whether its tripped or not. Its the little LED that indicates "tripped" operation or not. Problem solved . . . reset button pushed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks