Convert Slab Shower Stall to Level Floor for Steam Shower Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Saitek

Reaction score
I am renovating a bathroom that is built on a slab foundation. I want to install a stand alone steam shower that requires a level floor to set the unit on. I want to use the space where the current built in shower is located. The plan is to use the existing hot/cold supply lines and drain.

The existing shower was build into the slab foundation. That is, a rectangular hole was left when they poured the foundation. Then a cement bed was created below the slab level and was tiled over forming the shower pan. I want to fill in the existing shower pan so it is level with the slab foundation. I will install new flooring over the entire bathroom. The stand along steam shower comes with a build in pan and sits on the floor. Kind of like a piece of furniture.

What is the best way to make the area level? Should I frame in the old shower pan area and cover with cement board or should I pour cement into the area so just the drain pipe is above slab level.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks