Differences Between Two Am-Std and Eljer Toilets? ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

buddy.s

Reaction score
I am trying to compare the Am-Std Titan Pro Right Height Elongated Toilet # 2839.016.020 to the same or similar Eljer 091-077 toilet. When I call Eljer customer service, I get American Standard. Customer service twice told me they were identical toilets, yet I get the distinct impression they really don't know. I haven't been able to locate spec sheets for the Eljer Titan that show the measurements and diminsions for comparison. I have the specs for Am-Std. Does anyone know if these are IDENTICAL toilets? Or are there minor differences? Was also told that the only places to buy Eljer in Texas was Ace and True Value Hardware. Thanks from Texas.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
They likely are the same toilet since they AS and Eljer are the same company. Neither is a very good toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Titan name is sold by A/S and Eljer.

Unless you buy new components and compared them with the old, then that would be one way to compare.
I wouldn't assume they haven't been changing things.
Both companies were bought out by an Equity Group a few years back.
They can pretty much market anyway they want.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks