Water Hammer?

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gentlemen, If you have a problem with a post just hit the report post button and let the mods deal with it. Now, what was this whole thread about? Oh yea, water hammer. :)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Where am I anti DIY?

Because I made the statement that one could buy from a box store or from on line with no backup? that is Anti ?????
I think it is, because it is designed to prevent people from buying online or from big box stores and frankly I don't know of any big box stores that don't provide service from someone wherever they sell their softeners, plus a tech support toll free phone number along with animated graphic troubleshooting on their web sites. And the animated graphics stuff, frankly, that is much more than any local dealer I've ever seen, including myself. I don't see any troubleshooting of any kind on your web site....

This thread is going where no one has gone before...

It started with a home owner asking a question, I answered as to one of the things that it could be and then was told that that was next to impossible and that it was what line pressure from the main plumbing?
I didn't disagree with you about a loose nut on the brine line, I added to what you said by mentioning high pressure that could cause that and the water hammer mentioned in both the subject and text of the post. High pressure could have split the brine line tubing causing the leak too. Right? And we weren't told where teh leak was specifically, so it could be the nut or the tubing or the elbow the tubing is connected to. So I suggested he watch during a manual regeneration.

You then questioned me about a 474 Clack something and when I said I don't know what that is you make negative comments about that and me being a Clack dealer etc. etc. and here we are after more of your negative comments to me.

There was a note from WaterRight years ago in their letter to dealers that the nut on the brine float assembly could either back off or was not tight enough at the start that could cause the problem that the home owner was talking about.
Very good, yet I don't see anything in there about water hammer, the subject of the thread and the noise mentioned in the text of the OP. Do you?

I have no problem in when not having an answer for a customer telling then that I have no answer but that I know where I could find some answers and get back to them on that... but there are others that feel that they have all the answers even if they are wrong..
Now see what you went'n did...maybe I'm just one of them sensitive kinda guys but for some reason I see me as to who you're referring to with all the answers and being wrong. If I'm wrong about it being me, tell me who it is, only you'n me have posted in this thread. Well there is Skippy confusing himself with what I said to you but...

BTW, I had nothing to do with your web site being in your profile, or it's removal from your profile. I do not know who you are or if you have a web site. I thought maybe you'd have your name on your web site but you don't. I could call you with the phone number there though.

Wow, I see Bob has jumped on me now calling me untruthful... I wasn't talking to you or Skip Bob, but I will now.

Bob, I should have included a comma after Bob (like this Bob Bob,) when in my reply to you about your very informative and mostly accurate reply to Skippy about him incorrectly sizing softeners in another thread here where I said; "p.s. Bob he isn't going to get it no matter how much it is explained to him." and I was right, he didn't get it and told you so in his reply to you but, you haven't replied to his reply (a serious time saving decision Bob), so where am I being untruthful?

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
so where am I being untruthful?

Gary, you posted the following (emphasis added):

And IIRC, the only thing I've ever said about you is that you don't size softeners correctly, and that your experience is mostly on big box brands that are nowhere near the quality of Autotrol, Clack or Fleck control valves and their parts.

I posted above an additional negative thing you had posted about the same person and demonstrated that what you posted was not correct. Specifically you posted: "p.s. Bob he is not going to get it no matter how much it is explained to him."

Perhaps you bash other posters so often you can't remember you have done it.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Bob, that IIRC thing (if I recall correctly) covers anything left out inadvertently. I thought most posters understand that shorthand, I guess you didn't, sorry.

My understanding is that it means "If It Really Counts". I don't believe that covers leaving out pertinent information.

Last edited:

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
No it's from the old dos days Bulletin Board Services (BBS) and means if I recall correctly.

This demonstrates the problem with using acronyms that have multiple meanings--different people will interpret what is posted depending on their background and experience.

If you do a search on IIRC you will find there are many meanings listed, including If I Really Cared, If I Read Correctly, the meaning you intended, the meaning I took, and about 17 others.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Gentlemen, If you have a problem with a post just hit the report post button and let the mods deal with it. Now, what was this whole thread about? Oh yea, water hammer. :)

we have long left the thread starter.... and now moved on to other items.

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
I wasn't talking to you. I quoted what comments I replied to.

And IIRC, the only thing I've ever said about you is that you don't size softeners correctly, and that your experience is mostly on big box brands that are nowhere near the quality of Autotrol, Clack or Fleck control valves and their parts.
You don't remember saying that I probably don't use any underbedding? Or the fact that you said I use a "J" tube instead of a #500 air check making it sound that I go cheap? And I proved to you the "J" tube was, in fact, a #500 air check. Or the fact that you said I sold on line for x amount but that I advertised locally for a higher amount. Do you remember saying these? So don't try and save face saying you only say I size the unit wrong.
By the way, I had 2 years with a Kinetico dealership, 6 years with an Eco dealership, 2 years with US Filter dealership all of which sold, installed and/or services Clack, Fleck and Autotrol. I have gained contracts twice to service or install the box store brands.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks