(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Air Injector question again vs Mazzi Injector

Default Air Injector question again vs Mazzi Injector

I currently have 'micro" air injector the size of a childs shoe. It really restricts the volume of water flow into the house so that it can inject air into it. My question is..... are the Mazzi Injectors much better? Can they still produce air but allow more water to pass through them. My pump can pump 8GPM, but if the air injector won't allow it, then what's the point. My problem is it takes too long for my pressure to raise to the 60psi and then shut off. This is because of the size of the venturin in the injector. Please see pic, scroll down to air injector to see. Hope link works.

Sounds like the pump is getting weak.
    Might be time to replace the pump down in the well.

Link is not working, there is no photo of what you are talking about.

From what I have seen over the years, a good mazi or injector can be clean but not working if the flow from the well is not where it needs to be, taking a very long time for the pressure tank to come up to pressure.
    Last edited by Akpsdvan; 02-09-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Previous member

Why are you injecting air?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Why are you injecting air?

I am injecting air so that the liquid iron can be "caught" by my iron remover. The pump is 6mths old. Just wondering basically if the Mazzi is better than the micro injector. Will it allow more volume of water through it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K Paterson View Post
    I am injecting air so that the liquid iron can be "caught" by my iron remover. The pump is 6mths old. Just wondering basically if the Mazzi is better than the micro injector. Will it allow more volume of water through it? Thanks
    What size pump is in the well? what is the gallon out put of the well?

If the pump is only doing 4 gpm and the injector from say WaterSoft is needing 6gpm, then nothing will work right. That would also explain why it takes so long to rebuild pressure in the pressure tank.

Or if the pipe past the injector is blocked up with rust, which can happen very quickly in a very short time and length of pipe. And why I refuse to sell air injection.
    Last edited by Gary Slusser; 02-10-2010 at 06:58 AM.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Previous member

I hate air injection, for just that reason.

The pipe is not rusted I did check for that. The pump puts out 8GPM. I unhooked the hose just prior to the injector and I got 8GPM in 45secs. I know its not under true pressure but.... Is the Mazzi injector better? What "lenght of pipe are you talking about?

Air is an oxidizer (oxygen) and air oxidizes ferrous iron converting it to ferric iron (rust) as soon as the two mix, which is just past the hole in the injector where the air is added to the water stream and rust forms in the pipe. The pipe doesn't rust, rust builds up in the pipe and reduces flow through the pipe and into the filter. It doesn't matter how long the pipe is. I've seen blockage in just 6"-12" of pipe that you can't see the sun or any daylight through it at noon while pointing it at the sun on a cloudless day.

45 seconds isn't a minute so you have 8 gallons in 45 seconds, not 8 gpm; you may have a 1/4 more than that.

Air injection is a bad way to treat iron regardless what brand etc. of injector is used. And one injector is about the same as the next. Like Ford, Chevy or Dodge pickup trucks, or 5 lb bags of sugar.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Photo please of the set up that you have on this Air Sucker..