Dishwasher not draining

Users who are viewing this thread

kpd007

Reaction score
Neat forum. So, for my first post I will ask for help. Two years ago I installed a Kenmore dishwasher and it has worked great since day one. It was not a hard install as I only replaced an existing aged dishwasher. Now after two years, the dishwasher will not drain completely. There is usually about two inches of standing water in the bottom. The drain air gap has not overflowed. When I use the "drain" cycle it still will not drain completely?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KPD007

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
One thing to check is the entire drain hose, all the way from the DW. Any kink, or internal clog, can cause problems. Otherwise, it may be the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If it is worth your time I would take the bottom pull out grate, inspect the screen inlet in the center of dishwasher. If there are screws (most likely) then unscrew them and remove the inlet screen. Even though those holes are small, sometimes weird stuff gets past the screen. Shrimp tails, toothpicks, rabbit grass from easter are just a sample of some things that I have seen make it through the hose and clog an air gap. :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks