(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Aquafine Aqua2

Default Aquafine Aqua2

Our unit, the Aquafine Aqua2, has just stopped working. The unit was installed by the people who used to own this house so we dont have a manual. Can you please tell me where I could find a manual or who looks at these units? Thanks

Not ringing any bells right now, might you have a photo?
    The control might be one that a number of us know about, but the name is not ringing any bells for me ..

Previous member

A quick google shows them as UV filters, is that what you are talking about? If so, the ballast will occasionally burn out and need to be replaced, but other than that we are going to need a bit more infor to proceed.

My Google search shows a fair number of people looking for a manual and help with their Aquafine Aqua2 softeners over the years.

They may be a company owned by a French company that went out of business a couple yrs or so ago.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Previous member

I saw that too. I suspect that a new unit may be the best answer.

A photo of the unit in question will answer alot... and then and only then can we get down to figuring out what is going on.

Hair cut over the web any one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Anne View Post
    Our unit, the Aquafine Aqua2, has just stopped working. The unit was installed by the people who used to own this house so we dont have a manual. Can you please tell me where I could find a manual or who looks at these units? Thanks
    Here is a scanned PDF of the Aquafine Aqua 2 user manual: http://tinyurl.com/aquafine

So the valve control is a Fleck 5600 metered unit.....

A very common problem is a clogged injector. Assuming the timer is running normally and your water softener is using salt at a normal rate, the first thing to check is the injector screen. The owner's manual (see link above) has simple instructions explaining how to disassemble and clean the injector.

If your injector is clean and your water is still hard, then the problem could be the resin beads. Resin beads typically last 10-20 years, but they can get coated with rust and gunk and stop working earlier. Before replacing the resin, consider running some resin cleaner (such as Iron-Out) through your water softener. Follow the manufacturer's directions and mix with the recommended amount of water before pouring it into the brine well. It that does not help, replace the resin (you can DIY for about $100).

The control valve piston can also wear out. If your control valve leaks or the unit gets stuck mid-way through the regeneration cycle, you should replace the seals and piston. Rebuild kits for the control valve used in this unit are still readily available (you can DIY for $50 to $75 worth of parts).

Thumbs up Aquafine Aqua2

In Belleville ON you may find help at Water Source. Contact Norm Routledge at 1-888-328-8574 or info@yourwatersource.ca.

Quote Originally Posted by pmallet View Post
    Here is a scanned PDF of the Aquafine Aqua 2 user manual: http://tinyurl.com/aquafine
    I am in need of the manual for the Aqua2 Sensimatic water softener as well but the link posted did not lead to the manual.

Awhile back the answer was the 5600 from fleck..
    There was a valve that was like the 5600 from fleck but there was some changes, it was like the control face was put on a 45degree angle or such.