Re-locating an Aerobic Septic Tank System or use system as-is?

Users who are viewing this thread

pearlbluevtx

Reaction score
I'm wondering what the issues are in moving OR replacing an aerobic septic tank system.

The location of my aerobic septic tank is right behind my house. I want to build a poolhouse/separate structure that is lower than my septic tank system.

Are my options:

1)
(a) remove the existing (6 yrs old) aerobic septic tank, backfill holes left by septic tank
(b) relocated a new aerobic septic system in the lower area & move plumbing lines to re-direct into that tank + be able to add new unattached poolhouse/building to drain into that line and/or drain into the new location septic tank?

2) keep current septic tank location but somehow have a "pump" type of system to push the waste from the lower poolhouse up to the current septic tank location.

I don't know what is most viable but trying to plan it out now by researching -- and I'm not a professional but going to seek professional advice once I do some homework & educate myself.

The use of the poolhouse would have one or two sinks, shower & restroom.

TIA!!!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There may be other opinions on this, but I would relocate the septic and avoid the complications of a pumping system. Pumps fail, clog, and require servicing. I base my opinion on the frequent questions concerning problems brought to the forum by folks with basements requiring pumps.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to contact your local board of health or who ever does the permitting for septic systems and talk to them about what you are thinking of doing...they will be the people who will ultimately decide if you can do what you propose and what you will have to do if in fact your able to.......

pearlbluevtx

Reaction score
Thanks Gary & Cass. Yes, Cass - I thought I should do that ... hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle dealing with them!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks