Spud washer too thick

Users who are viewing this thread

VicM

Reaction score
Hello:

I bought three American Standard Cadet 3 toilets.

When I assembled them the spud washers between tank and bowl is too thick and there is gap about half inch after I tightened the bolts (for all three toilets).

As a result tanks are rocking.

Is it normal for American Standard Cadet 3 toilets? Or should I buy thinner spud washers and reinstall tanks?

Would appreciate any response.
Thanks for your time reading my message.

jeffdt

Reaction score
Typical for A/S. Their customer service line must get a dozen calls per day on this issue. Just keep cranking it down half a turn at a time alternating sides till it seats. If it cracks, take the POS back to Lowe's or HD or wherever. While you're there, pick up a new flapper as well. The original will last 6 months if you're lucky.

Jeff

VicM

Reaction score
Thanks for reply:

>> Just keep cranking it down half a turn at a time...
I already bolted bowl to the flange and don’t have much space to turn it.

To be on a safe side could I just buy smaller spud washer? What brands are good for A/S?

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks