Please HELP!!! Sump pump/Sanitary pump

Users who are viewing this thread

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some proffesional help:p

I'm building a 4800 ft 3 level home and my basement is lower than the city main storm and sanitary lines. SO I need to run a sump and pumps for both the storm and sanitary. I would really love some help on what are the best pumps and systems for both my storm and sanitary??

Is E/One a good brand? I was looking at there IH091 system and was wondering if its any good and if anyone has any experience using it? I do know I want a grinder pump for my sanitary wich the IH091 has but was wondering how good the plastic tank is, how good there pumps are and how good this complete system is in general? I got a quote for $4850 for this system with the upgraded Sentry Protect Panel.

Also could anyone advise me on my storm sump and pumps. I know I want to run a pump and a back up pump. Again, what is the best out there to use? Zoeller any good?

Thanks in advance for any and all the help you can give me as I don't want to have issues with this down the road.

Take care....

Richard

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Zoeller - look at Ira woods for great prices. For 4850$ you could jack up the house above the san sewer. If you are ready to spend that much buy a SEPTIC TANK and put your pump in there. You would have a huge reserve capacity if the pump or power went out. Any decent electrician can rig a high level alarm. No way i would trust a little plastic tank for all the juices coming from such a huge house. I would approach this in a totally different way.

Septic tank $1000
Zoeller 53 pump $130 [buy 2 or three for backup]
floats and alarm $150
flex PVC, valve, check valve $150
Pump screen [pump is in second chamberand screened - no need for grinder] $100
hole for tank $200
labor $500+

I have done this and added a overflow that runs into 20-40 feet of perf pipe or some septic chambers- when everything fails, it gives some time for repairs, in addition to the pump down level differential. As opposed to the packaged systems in failure mode, your basement does not become the septic tank - ever. You will need a "mechanic" with multiple skills to get this right, and to plumb the pump in such a way that it is easily removed.

I think you will have money left over to add a small generator to operate the pumps when the power is out.

Last edited:

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
Zoeller - look at Ira woods for great prices. For 4850$ you could jack up the house above the san sewer. If you are ready to spend that much buy a SEPTIC TANK and put your pump in there. You would have a huge reserve capacity if the pump or power went out. Any decent electrician can rig a high level alarm. No way i would trust a little plastic tank for all the juices coming from such a huge house. I would approach this in a totally different way.

Septic tank $1000
Zoeller 53 pump $130 [buy 2 or three for backup]
floats and alarm $150
flex PVC, valve, check valve $150
Pump screen [pump is in second chamberand screened - no need for grinder] $100
hole for tank $200
labor $500+

I have done this and added a overflow that runs into 20-40 feet of perf pipe or some septic chambers- when everything fails, it gives some time for repairs, in addition to the pump down level differential. As opposed to the packaged systems in failure mode, your basement does not become the septic tank - ever. You will need a "mechanic" with multiple skills to get this right, and to plumb the pump in such a way that it is easily removed.

I think you will have money left over to add a small generator to operate the pumps when the power is out.

Man this is sounding complicated! I don't think I can raise the house high enough as I can only go up about another 2 feet.:rolleyes:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
OK dont jack up the house. You can buy the Zoeller grinder system for $3850 from Dean Bennet supply. Still would not put it in the house.

They have another system for $3260 - #922-0007, includes alarm and all you need.

Also noticed a "rail system" which looks like a sewage pitless adapter that would make the pump removal from the tank [septic or otherwise] clean and easy.

For what its worth I have an apartment on the Zoeller 53 pump set in a 30 gallon poly tank - not a grinder and never plugged in all the 6 years in service.... Passes 2" solids they say. That should include butt wipes and ladies things. Got a toto that might flush a diaper? Get the grinder, and a BIG one.

Last edited:

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
OK dont jack up the house. You can buy the Zoeller grinder system for $3850 from Dean Bennet supply. Still would not put it in the house.

They have another system for $3260 - #922-0007, includes alarm and all you need.

Also noticed a "rail system" which looks like a sewage pitless adapter that would make the pump removal from the tank [septic or otherwise] clean and easy.

For what its worth I have an apartment on the Zoeller 53 pump set in a 30 gallon poly tank - not a grinder and never plugged in all the 6 years in service.... Passes 2" solids they say. That should include butt wipes and ladies things. Got a toto that might flush a diaper? Get the grinder, and a BIG one.

Thanks ALLOT!!! I will defintely look into the sytems your talking about this week. I'm guessing you feal the Zoeller systems are better than Enviroment One then?

I guess I should just put the tank somewhere between the front of the house and the main sewer line then? Thanks again for all your help!

Also what system would you recommend for the Storm water then?

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
The 53's in Zoeller only pass 1/2' SOLIDS. [by the book] my mistake. The cast iron 53 is good for the storm water.

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
Could you do me a favour. I looked quickly on that website and couldn't find those systems you were talking about? They are probably there but I'm just not seeing them. Could you please post up a link to both systems so I could have a look at them? Thanks again for all your help, it really is greatly appreciated!! 8^)

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Just open dean bennet supply and wait for the whole page to load. Scroll down and just past the windmills are a HUGE selection of systems. Start with the shark grinder pump. But I think you can do with their normal pump that passes 2" crud. Ira woods list its stuff by MFG name.

Ira has several systems for 700 to 800$ For outside burial. You will get a headache becasue they have so many. You must know the feet of head or rise to the city sewer before buying.

Added: Dean Bennet #267-30x36 gives you 2! great pumps for $1795 with an alternating duplex control box. Great deal! How about sending me a few hundred bucks for saving you $2500?

Last edited:

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
I was looking at the all the outside ones, but they all say they can only be like 36 inches under ground or something like that. Doesn't it have to be lower than my basement for it to work? Being that my basement is 7 feet under ground I take it the outside units can't be used by myself?

I'll have a look again but I didn't see any systems with that part number you gave me or in that price range either, everything was cheaper. I'll take another look. Thanks again for your time! ;-)

Ballvalve

Reaction score
You can elimate plumbing the basement or use a small single pump system to pump to the outside tank. Or buy a local cement pump chamber that is deeper. Or do it all inside and forget the outside deal. Get a duplex however.

The Rich Dude

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been speaking with my plumber and he wants to go with Liberty pumps as thats what he used to working with. Anyone know if these are a high quality pump?

I was thinking a simplex grinder system for the sanitary and a duplex system for the storm. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again for your time and help!!!! 8^)

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Your plumber might get a chance to see a great pump and start using them. Unless of course he gets some big discount and thus mark-up to you on his "favorite" brand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks