Help with bath/shower valve body

Users who are viewing this thread

shaps

Reaction score
I am having my tub surround replaced. I currently have a Delta tub/shower faucet that has a single lever handle. I am replacing it with an American Standard T215.730.295 (Hampton single lever handle tub & shower trim kit). I just found out that the contractor wants to start at the end of this week and so I am now pressed for time to order a valve body. Can anyone please tell me if my current Delta pressure-balance rough valve body work with the new American Standard faucets? :confused: Thanks!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
That would be kind of like putting a Honda engine in a Chevy truck. It might fit in the hole, but nothing is gonna work right.

If you want Delta, buy everything Delta. If you want A.S., buy everything A.S..

shaps

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually just ordered the American Standard part. I just panicked when I realized that I would need everything by Friday and was thinking that in a worst case scenario, maybe that would be ok. I ended up finding a good price on one that should be here in time. Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks