Huge COMPUTER problem need huge help

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here for your help, I do appreciate it more than you would know.

BUT, this is great, lol I put my laptop in safe mode and I love this, I have been following them around. ha ha HA. I was able to run a malware virus program, the AVG program, and I have been poking around in the computer. So, I started last night to find this challenging it was like spying on those who are spying on me! It is like a game you got to win...

When I saw what it was deleting and maybe, still is deleting, I got serious. I CAN beat the big C, they DON'T stand a chance! They, the virus, whatever, is going down baby!

I woke this morning and found it hijacked my outlook express. I tried to start and run the programs to seek and destroy it, AVG, but they disabled it again. So, back in safe mode with the question where are you? I found them. and, I whacked them! I got my email back, thanks.

It has been touch and go, but I will win. I always do. :)

IF I was young and thinking about what to study and do in life, it would be computers. This is interesting as all hell.
so far, quaratined 59 of Avengers, Dialers, Adware, Trojan ... and, still working on Stop Zilla. But, I will find a way.

More computer advice, please. I want to pass go. :) ( I love this) I like, ah, got a new hobby. Or a new love.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I owe my new hobby to you! I used your advice on it all. Thank you, you made me very happy. :)
I couldn't even run it without it being in safe mode.

I've been having these problems too lately. These programs are called "Malware" and attach themselves to pop up ads on websites.

Download the program called Malwarebytes from this website: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After you install it, be sure to update it before running a scan. If it is able to remove the malware, reboot and scan again. If you get a clean scan, you are good to go.

If you aren't able to get rid of the malware, you need to reboot into "Safe Mode". To do this, reboot and press the F8 key after your computer posts but before the windows logo appears. Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the menu. Then try running another scan.

If that still doesn't work, run this program in safe mode then run the malwarebytes scan: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com (save it to your desktop)

Good luck. These things aren't fun to deal with.

Cookie

Reaction score
To all of you computer people, may I ask, what might cause when I try to download something even in safe mode, like the bleeping computer program or any program to crash ... I get post which says, " IE needs to be restarted or something and then, another asks me if I want to report it? then, Dr. Post Mortar Dig ( ?) freezes and it starts all over again.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, got to get rid of Stop zilla, and fix that IE problem... Does this happen to you, with the IE? Do you got a fix?

Smith333

Reaction score
I think Stopzilla is a legitmate program. What happens when you try to uninstall it through the control panel? You might have to stop its execution first by right clicking on its icon in the right corner of the taskbar and selecting "exit".

I'm not sure about your IE problem. Does the program actually download, or does IE crash before the download begins?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks