(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Huge COMPUTER problem need huge help

Hybrid View

Default Huge COMPUTER problem need huge help

I was downloading music 2 days ago, well, I downloaded a something which is popping up things that says infected you are infected! Click here to buy this stuff. Well, I didn't click. I then, downloaded, Stop Zilla, which is an issue in itself. My computer closes down at will. And, then a small orange dot appears and nothing else so I have to restart about a zillion times, okay, 3/4 times.

Any help, any advice? I did run another program Malwarebytes anti virus and it did say it found 3 and removed them, but did nothing for this issue.

I am afraid to do any business online now, where it asks for my password except for here, lol. I won't do my banking or paying bills.

Oh boy Cookie Stop Zilla is bad news probably the bulk of your problem...
    Maybe an answer can be found here...
    http://www.google.com/search?q=remov...GGL_en___US326

You just know it when it pops up like it does and throws the strong arm marketing in your face...
    I wouldn't even click the go away button on their ad for all I know it might be a permission to download and install when they operate like that.

I usually just hit task manager and end process to get away.
    If I arrived at the site by google search I report it and it gets labeled as a dangerous site.
    Last edited by Redwood; 02-06-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Yep, you are right. All the way. But, I can't get it to delete, I have tried to uninstall it, and I read the sites on how to delete stopzilla, and it won't unistall. I have tried. I won't go anywhere but here, or my email. I am only emailing those I don't like, LOL, ONLY kidding! My sister... hmmm. Will have to think about that one.

I know I got troubles here. I am ready to take this laptop and chuck it right out into the 3 ft of snow. I am really disgusted with it. Anyone with any solutions I would be so very grateful. I got all my stuff on this laptop so it is a tad bit scary to think what they can do. People should get a job rather than destroy others things of other people.

Any help would be appreciated here.

They quaratined what they call, Rougue 2010. I am near tears over this. and for your info I NEVER cry.
    Last edited by Cookie; 02-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.

If you aren't using AVG anti virus and Spy Bot, both are free and I have used them forever, you should be.

Run AVG first and then Spy Bot. And schedule them to update and then run daily.

You might want to use Firefox too with some Addons that protect you from bad web sites. And a portable radio you might pick up at a yard sale for next to nothing.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Another great 'free' product is Crap Cleaner (ccleaner.com). Not only does it remove a lot of junk from your hard drive, but you can go to the Tools tab and then the Startup tab to see what programs automatically start when you start up your computer. You can easily disable 'suspect' programs.

I am going to try that, will do it tonite. Thank you! I will let you know here so check in later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    Another great 'free' product is Crap Cleaner (ccleaner.com). Not only does it remove a lot of junk from your hard drive, but you can go to the Tools tab and then the Startup tab to see what programs automatically start when you start up your computer. You can easily disable 'suspect' programs.

I have AVG on it but something happened a little bit ago and I should had fixed it. I am confused about the portable radio, what is it use for Gary?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    If you aren't using AVG anti virus and Spy Bot, both are free and I have used them forever, you should be.

Run AVG first and then Spy Bot. And schedule them to update and then run daily.

You might want to use Firefox too with some Addons that protect you from bad web sites. And a portable radio you might pick up at a yard sale for next to nothing.