The elusive "double fixture fitting"

Users who are viewing this thread

SuperMatttheHero

Reaction score
Where are you guys buying these things? I found one here:

So I call my local Ace Hardware, and the guy says he shows an inventory of 91 of those...total...in the entire United States at any Ace Hardware-affiliated store. So then I call two more local plumbing supply stores (J&H Aicheson, Ferguson Enterprises). Ferguson doesn't have any, and J&H Aicheson was able to look it up, and said they've never sold one in over 30 years.

Clearly, not everyone is using these for their double vanity sinks. So what other code-legal options are there?

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
You wouldn't use that "cross" (which looks like a double wye), you would use a double tee fitting:

double-fixture-tee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asktom

Reaction score
Where I come from (Southern California, using the UPC) they were used all the time, and were common - in ABS. The double san tee would not be legal unless the barrel (the up/down part) was 3". Put a snake down one side and it would come up the other side with a 2" barrel. A double wye with 1/8 bends in it would not be legal either because of venting issues. You could use a 2 X 1 1/2 X 1 1/2" san tee on top with a 2 X 2 X 1 1/2" below it, but be careful or you will end up with a trap arm too high or too low. The fitting is sometimes also calle a "figured 1", ask around for that (focusing on old guys) and maybe it will appear.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
instead of wasting time looking for that just install 2 Ts and 2 vents and run them into the drain system and be done with it...a little more work and a little more $$$ but not a big deal...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
One version is called a figure "1" and another is a figure "5", because it looks somewhat like a "V Roman numeral for 5". It is ALL we use and the supply houses have several versions 2 inch outlet with the other openings 1 1/2", all 2" openings, and 2" top and bottom with 1 1/2" branches. A sanitary cross or double combo will get you an IMMEDIATE red tag.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks