Flowtec shallow well Jet pump= JUNK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

bbigstack77

Reaction score
I bought a new 1 hrs Flotec shallow well jet pump. The new synthetic one. The intake nipple will not stay tight. I have used a steel nipple with rectorseal. Came loose! I replaced it with a new steel with teflon tape, No go, came loose! I used a PVC with teflon, NOPE!, came loose! I replaced new PVC with rector seal, NOPE!!, came loose!!!!! I used Grey plastic nipple with teflon, Guess what NOPE!!!!, came loose! Put grey plastic nipple with rector seal, NOPE! came loose! I put brass nipple both ways, NOPE!!!!! came loose! I finally got mad and tried to use PVC with PVC/ABS/CPVC multi glue, NOPE! came loose!!!!!!!!! The motor is bolted down, no torque flex. Pipe is mounted solid, No flex! Nothing will stay tight! What the heck?????? I have been fighting this for 5 days. works for about 1-5 hours then Bam!!! nipple is loose! Sucking air and no water. I am taking it back and getting a steel pump. NEVER buy the stinking Synthetic Pumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any Advice?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Are you sure the pump was not getting hot, and that is the reason for the nipples coming loose? There are several reasons the pump could be getting hot.

bbigstack77

Reaction score
No, It should not have been. Unless the motor, bearings or something is bad. Its been in the low 30's at night and low 50's during the day. No light for heat. pipes are wraped and in a 4x4 house 3ft tall. I'm taking it back tonight. It has a 90 day warentee. I'll go some place else. This is just driving me nuts. I have plumbed houses and things all my life and have never had this happen. No, im not a plumber. I just do alot of home repair and remodeling. In the country- No permit required. But I have never had any problems, never! Now this, This is just blowing my mind. I've only done 2 pumps before(steel) I had no problems. This Fancy new material stuff is bunk! My old steel pump lasted 35 years. No problems! Replaced a foot valve but never the pump till now. I'm going back old school, it's dependable!

Thanks all, I appreciate the advice.
Good luck and God Bless!

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have found many import nipples way off spec. in size and thread. Thats our chinese lovers sabotaging the USA. But heat sound more likely. Epoxy makes great pipe dope in an emergency.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks